- Little Rhody “Time Creeper” Enduro, AKA “Robert S. Leyden Memorial Enduro”.
- Thrill and Chill Turkey Run and Dual-Sport, formerly the “Gnarly Dude” Turkey Run.
- Wood Chopper Weekend, including Pee Wee Scrambles, Junior Enduro and Hare Scrambles. Formally known as “Woods-o-Cross” Hare Scramble.
Started in 1947 by local motorcycle shop owner Ralph Razee. The original intent of the club was just to have a meeting place and get together for local motorcyclists. The club continued that way until the late 1960’s, then new club membership decided to get involved with sanctioning off-road motorcycle events. Enduros were mainly what was happening around that time. The Rhody Rovers became one of the AMA’s district #1 enduro clubs.
Over the years we have put on many enduros; including, NETRA and ECEA dual sanctioned events as well as an AMA National enduro. The Rhody Rovers continue to be a part of the NETRA/AMA race series. We currently put on one enduro, one turkey run and one hare scramble per year. That schedule is quite a challenge due to our limited land use issues. The State of RI has no legal off-road riding areas, so we are forced to work closely with local private land owners for our events.
In effort to be a positive part of the community, we fund a scholarship fund at a local high school, help support a local volunteer fire department and all of the participants at our events need to pass minimum sound test requirements. Event participants will also need to have spark arrestors and act in a responsible manner.
The Rhody Rovers have a current membership base of over 60 local riders and racers.
If anyone would like to become involved in the Rhody Rover Motorcycle Club our minimum membership requirements are:
- Club dues paid in full yearly. $10.00/individual; $20.00/ Family membership.
- Attend at least 3 official meetings per year.
- Work at least one club sponsored event per year.
- Club Membership is open to any age; however members must be 18 years of age to vote on club business.
To learn more about joining, please check our calendar and attend one of our upcoming meetings.
Contact us by via email by clicking here.