- Little Rhody “Time Creeper” Enduro, AKA “Robert S. Leyden Memorial Enduro”.
- Thrill and Chill Turkey Run and Dual-Sport, formerly the “Gnarly Dude” Turkey Run.
- Wood Chopper Weekend, including Pee Wee Scrambles, Junior Enduro and Hare Scrambles. Formally known as “Woods-o-Cross” Hare Scramble.
Started in 1948 by local motorcycle shop owner Ralph Razee. The original intent of the club was just to have a meeting place and get together for local motorcyclists. The club continued that way until the late 1960’s, then new club membership decided to get involved with sanctioning off-road motorcycle events. Enduros were mainly what was happening around that time. The Rhody Rovers became one of the AMA’s district #1 enduro clubs. Over the years we have put on many enduros; including, NETRA and ECEA dual sanctioned events as well as an AMA National enduro. The Rhody Rovers continue to be a part of the NETRA/AMA race series. We currently put on one enduro, one turkey run and one hare scramble per year. That schedule is quite a challenge due to our limited land use issues. The State of RI has no legal off-road riding areas, so we are forced to work closely with local private land owners for our events. In effort to be a positive part of the community, we fund a scholarship fund at a local high school, help support a local volunteer fire department and all of the participants at our events need to pass minimum sound test requirements. Participants will also need to have spark arrestors and act in a responsible manner. The Rhody Rovers have a current membership base of over 60 local riders and racers.
If anyone would like to become involved in the Rhody Rover Motorcycle Club our minimum membership requirements are:
- Club dues paid in full yearly. $10.00/individual; $20.00/ Family membership.
- Attend at least 3 official meetings per year.
- Work at least one club sponsored event per year.
- Club Membership is open to any age; however members must be 18 years of age to vote on club business.
To learn more about joining, please check our calendar and attend one of our upcoming meetings.